Skip to content

August 2, 2007

Wrap Your Mind Around Nothing

Consider this: Atoms are 99% space. There is the nucleus, and orbiting around that are the electrons. Nothing mingles into that orbit of electrons (at least not without a nasty explosion) and the orbit is relatively large, so the atom is almost entirely space.

You and I — and every material thing — are composed of atoms, Q.E.D. you and I are 99% space. You really are an airhead!

When Scripture talks of this being a world of shadow, it is quite literal as well as figurative.

Now for a logic breaking question: If you are only 1% here, where’s the other 99% of you?

Advertisements
2 Comments leave one →
  1. malissa permalink
    August 2, 2007 10:57 am

    That explains it all! Now maybe Mike will understand. I must have more atoms than him – more atoms, more space 🙂

  2. damaris permalink
    August 2, 2007 4:09 pm

    so where exactly did you get this scientific information from, anyway?actually i think i learned that in school. but i thought i didn’t need to remember it.go figure.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: